all-powerful
Shepherd
Servant
Some of my favorite moments with God is when I lay aside my troubles for a while and remind myself that I am a little child when it comes to loving and knowing God. So often I try to "figure out" what's going on in God's mind. Either to try to reconcile what's happening around me or to try and gain some measure of control. What a waste of time, really. More often, I need to rest and acknowledge God for who He is. Verbally. Words are powerful, and affirming God's glory and identity can be so freeing.
Savior
Merciful
Slow to anger
Abounding in love
At wing church last night (a time each week when my wing comes together for an hour to glorify God in community) we sang and then spoke words that described who GOD IS. We must have done this for 30 minutes, but it felt like 5. With each descriptor uttered, I felt a resonant "yes" dispelling my doubts. I could not help but grin at times, hearing my beautiful friends speak Truth and Life.
Counselor
King
Good
I didn't want to stop. For once, there was no urgency in my mind to hurry through because part of me wanted to do something else. No. For once, I fully enjoyed His presence and the presence of my sisters in Christ. I hunger for more of that kind of simple, childlike faith, back-to-the-basics worship.
God is . . .
Joy
Creative
Friend
Compassionate
Empathetic
Conqueror
Victorious!
Teacher
Father
Righteous Judge
Holy
Perfect
Peace
Beautiful
Jealous
Wise
Gentle
Resurrection
Renewal
And indescribably more than we could ever ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20)
No comments:
Post a Comment