Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hyperventilating

Here is an original song I composed and recorded recently about how fast we move through life, rarely stopping for needed rest. It is also about how we set ourselves up for habitual struggles or sins. It's called "Hyperventilating." I would appreciate any comments: encouragement or constructive criticism in both the music and recording realm.

Lyrics:

We’re all hyperventilating through this life
Yet we’re still surprised when it comes to an end
Wondering what road the next step will take us on
Forgetting to take in the beauty with us all along

It’s both the destination and the journey
We can’t leave one or the other behind
Or else we’re walking half-in, half-out of life
And we’ll never understand with our heels to the grind

So grind these dusty bones
Into this red clay dirt
Gotta rest, gotta catch my breath
Else I’m gonna be caught by the throat
Resist, resist these thoughts
Habitual lend-me-downs
Recycling lifestyles for myself
Trading hard-earned smiles for the frowns

I’ve tasted and I’ve seen
What honesty really means
It might hurt less to lie
Or you might lie more and die

Is it worth it to compromise
I chain my freedom inside
Lying, lying to myself
In this fast-paced world gone too far south

Fear, it’s time to let you go
This world is too far gone for anyone
Without divine intervention
To halt the death-cry gong
Yet I know
Yes I know
And I’ll thrive in what I know
 That Love has already won

No comments:

Post a Comment