Anxiety: Anxiety is a serious ailment of the mind--common among the human race, as serious as cancer. It may not kill the body, but it kills the spirit. See only proven remedy in the above video.
That's from the official Oxford Lindsey Dictionary. Pretty legit.
This summer, I'm memorizing Bible verses related to anxiety and fear. I must find a way to combat this, or as threatening circumstances loom on the horizon I will become, metaphorically, a zombie trapped in a haunted house, even haunting myself. Yeah, that doesn't sound fun. The book of 1 Peter says to "cast your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." Peter could have instructed us to "place" our anxiety, "offer" our anxiety, give, surrender, kiss your anxiety goodbye. Instead, he chose the word "cast," which means "to throw off or away"-- a violent action for a violent illness. Listen to this song I found. It is an anthem of trust to a God bigger than my fears, even the fears guaranteed to come to fruition.
Like that song a lot.
ReplyDelete